Maya is a past student and former Head Girl of St. Joseph’s Convent, Port of Spain with a passion for Economics. While at SJC, she, under the tutelage of Mr. Wajid Mollick, excelled in the subject, placing 3rd regionally at the CSEC level and 1st at the CAPE level. She is an experienced peer tutor and is a great addition to our team.
- 1st place in Unit 1 Economics in the Caribbean
- 1st place in Unit 2 Economics in St. Joseph’s Convent (Caribbean results are still unannounced)
- 3rd place in CSEC Economics in the Caribbean
- Former Head Girl at St. Joseph’s Convent
Mr. Mollick was a man with great passion for Economics and this becomes apparent to anyone who sits down in his classroom. He believed in teaching the fundamentals rigorously while supplementing with drills specifically designed for CAPE success. Mr. Mollick was one of our favourite teachers at SJC; he was directly responsible for both Maya and Paige’s positions on the Merit list for CAPE Unit 1 and Unit 2. He was extremely animated and excited students about economics by encouraging questions and discussions in the classroom. We will miss Mr. Mollick and appreciate all he has done for us over the years. May he rest in peace.
- Head of the Business and Economics department: St. Joseph’s Convent, P.O.S.
- Over 40 years of teaching at SJC
- Economics textbook publication
- CAPE examiner: Responsible for setting and marking exams; overseeing a table of examiners; and helping CXC with exam issues post-marking
- Numerous students on CXC’s Merit List
- Numerous students who were President Medal recipients